Table of Contents
I. General Policies
- Check-in – Check-in time is 3pm daily. Guests must be at least 18 years of age to check in at Goose Guesthouse.
- Guest Registration – Valid contact information from the guest making the reservations is required. This includes first and last name, address, phone number, and signature. One of the guests occupying the room must be registered.
- Check-out Procedure – Please check-out and return the room key to the Front Desk at 12:00 p.m. For later check-out, contact Front Desk before your departure day. A charge may apply for late check-out.
- Room Keys – A €100 charge applies to room keys not fully returned upon departure due to loss or damage.
- Cancellation – Goose Guesthouse is not responsible for weather conditions, personal emergencies, or schedule changes. Reservations must be cancelled forty-eight hours (48 hours guesthouse time), prior to your arrival, in order to avoid a cancellation fee. Free cancellation up to 48 hours before check-in, after cancellations or No shows there will be a 100% charge of the booking value.
II. Guest Conduct and Safety
- Code of Conduct – Guests must abide by Goose Guesthouse’s zero-tolerance policy for disruptive or dangerous behaviour.
- Smoke-Free Policy – Goose Guesthouse is a 100% Smoke-Free guesthouse. For safety and to assure that our facility is not exposed to items or actions that create an odour that is unhealthy and objectionable to our guests and staff, and that is difficult to remove from the air, carpet, walls, and furniture we do not permit smoking tobacco, marijuana, illegal drugs, e-cigarettes, cartridges containing the liquid of nicotine, incense, cooking, cigars, candle burning, the use or diffusing of patchouli oil or other strong-smelling plant-based essential oils or synthetic products in our facility. Guests are encouraged to notify Front Desk staff immediately if they smell cigarettes, marijuana, or other objectionable odours. Our policy is not intended to stop people from smoking, but to regulate where they smoke and how it affects others. A Designated Smoking Area is provided outside and away from the building. Marijuana is prohibited at all times. A €2,000 cleaning fee will be charged to any guest who violates the smoking policy.
- Alcohol Policy – Registered guests of legal age who choose to bring their own alcoholic beverages must consume those in their room or provided area. Alcohol is not allowed in public areas such as reception, bar and restaurant, etc..
- Fire Safety Policy – Tampering with fire detection or firefighting equipment is strictly prohibited. Please be aware that it is dangerous to cover lights or other electrical appliances. This might cause overheating and start a fire. Therefore it is not allowed to cover lights, TVs, or water boilers using towels, wigs, clothing or any other items. The Guesthouse is fully equipped with smoke detectors and emergency evacuation plans on the walls beside each door of each guest room.
- Firearms and Weapons – The presence of firearms and weapons on guesthouse premises is strictly prohibited. Guests who fail to abide by our policy will be asked to leave the guesthouse premises and reported to An Garda Síochána.
- No Cooking or Fireworks – The safety of our guests, staff, and this facility is extremely important to us. Except for the Coffee machine. No preparation of food in guest rooms by any type of cooking appliance is prohibited. A minimum fee of €2,000 will be charged for cooking in a room, including, but not limited to toaster ovens, rice cookers, combustible, open flame, barbecue grill, burners, heating appliances or any other item intended for cooking. Open fires, flames or cooking grills, either charcoal or gas and fireworks are not allowed anywhere on guesthouse property. All these items will immediately be removed by our staff. Any outside food taken into rooms is a minimum fee of €200 for damages that have occurred.
- No Pets Allowed – In case of violation, we reserve the right to charge a surcharge of €2,000. You will also be asked to remove your pet from our guesthouse. Of course, assistance dogs are welcome in our entire building. There is no surcharge.
- Quiet Hours – If you become aware of a disruptive guest, please contact Front Desk staff immediately by room phone or in person. Televisions, voices, or other devices must be kept at a respectful low level at all times. Doors should be opened and closed quietly. No congregating or running in halls or reception.
- Visitor Policy – No visitors are allowed in the Guest House rooms.
- Candle and Incense Candles – Candles, incense, and other similar items are prohibited. These items and activities will be treated as smoking, a fine accessed, and the guest may be evicted with no refunds. A €2,000 cleaning fee will be charged to any guest who violates this policy.
- Furniture – It is not permitted to move or remove furniture. Not in the room, or between rooms. It is also not allowed to move or remove the decoration or electrical appliances or use them for personal purposes other than for which they are intended. Our staff will put everything back in its original place, and possible damage will be charged.
III. Damage and Liability Policy
- General Damage and Theft – Guests are liable for any damage caused (whether by the deliberate, negligence, or reckless act to the room (s), Guesthouse premises or property caused by you or any person in your party whether or not staying at the Guesthouse during your stay. Goose Guesthouse has the right to charge the credit /debit card/cash in such amounts as it shall in its sole discretion deem necessary to compensate or make good the cost or expenses incurred or suffered by Goose Guesthouse as a result of the aforesaid. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to contact you and hereby authorise us to charge your payment for any damage incurred to your room or the Guesthouse property during your stay, including and without limitation for all property damage, missing or damaged items, smoking fee, cleaning fee, guest compensation, etc. We will make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting a specialist to make the repairs and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
- Damage to Room – Damage to rooms, fixtures, furnishing and equipment including the removal of electronic equipment, towels, etc. as well as damage to sheets from for example permanent marker, dyed hair colour, fake tan and things that make unremovable stains will be charged at 150% of full and new replacement value plus any shipping and handling charges. Any damage to Guesthouse property, whether accidental or wilful, is the responsibility of the registered guest for each particular room. Any costs associated with repairs and/or replacement will be charged to the registered guest. In extreme cases, criminal charges will be pursued.
- Damage to Mattresses and Bedding – Damage to mattresses and linen including; towels, mattress pads, sheets, bedspreads, and blankets caused by the use of body oils, red wine, make-up, shoe polish, etc. will result in a charge for the special cleaning, repair or replacement of the damaged article.
- Damage or Tampering to with Fire Detection/Fire-fighting Equipment – Goose Guesthouse reserves the right to take action against any guest or visitor found to have tampered or interfered with any detection equipment throughout the Guesthouse, including detector heads in public areas, guest rooms, break glass points and fire extinguishers. Guests or visitors found to have tampered with any fire detection or fire-fighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by the Guesthouse due to their actions and will be evicted from the guesthouse. Depending on the severity of the guest actions, An Garda Síochána may become involved at the guesthouse’s discretion. Should the fact that fire-fighting or detection equipment had been tampered with come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right and you hereby authorise us to charge your credit or debit card for any damage incurred to your room or the Guesthouse property during your stay, including and without limitation for all property damage, missing or damaged items, smoking fee, cleaning fee, guest compensation, etc.
IV. Health Policies
- Illness and Epidemics – Goose Guesthouse reserves the right to refuse accommodations to a guest arriving with a contagious disease. In cases where sickness occurs during the stay, please notify the Front Desk staff. In the case of serious sickness, you may be requested to receive appropriate health care from a nearby healthcare facility. During epidemics, we are entitled to employ precautionary measures within our judgment or as required by local authorities. We may charge you a room cleaning fee as we deem appropriate under the circumstances.
- Infestation – The cleanliness of our rooms is extremely important to our guests. If you bring any infestation into your room or onto our Guesthouse premises, we may charge you for any and all costs and expenses, including immediate or urgent response requirements and loss of room revenue, that we deem necessary to address the infestation.
V. Amenities and Services
- Lost & Found Policy – Goose Guesthouse assumes no liability for lost, misplaced, stolen, or damaged valuables or belongings. If you discover that you have left behind something of value to you, please call us immediately and we will try to assist you in locating your lost item.
- Found Items – Goose Guesthouse is not responsible for any item left behind by a guest. However, any item, with the exception of perishable items, left behind by our guests and found after departure by Housekeeping will be collected, logged in, and kept in a secure location for collection by the owner for up to fourteen (14) days.
- Return of Items – We would be happy to return your lost item(s) to you by An post. The delivery cost will be charged to guests. Goose Guesthouse is not responsible for any item lost or misdirected during shipment by the Postal Service.
- Housekeeping/Room Inspection – Housekeeping is provided daily between the hours of 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. This is a 100 % NON-SMOKING guesthouse, including medical marijuana. Rooms are cleaned and inspected daily and a detailed log is maintained on each room and linen. Rooms are rented to guests in appropriate condition without any prohibited odour. Housekeeping and Front Desk staff are trained and skilled in identifying the odours from prohibited items. If our investigation concludes that you have smoked in your room, cooked, or brought a prohibited item into our facility, you will be fined, and evicted without refund. Housekeeping will be happy to tidy up your room each day between their working hours unless otherwise requested.
- Linen Changing – Your comfort is very important to us. For guests staying multiple nights, bed linen is changed on a rotation schedule. Used towels are exchanged for fresh towels daily. Housekeeping may be unable to change a bed due to personal items left on a bed. Housekeeping will be happy to change your bed linens and make your beds each day if all personal items are removed. Please contact our Front Desk staff if you have any additional questions or concerns.
- Parking – Parking for registered guest(s) is free. All vehicles are parked at the risk of the owner. Goose Guesthouse shall not assume liability or responsibility for any vehicle, occupants, or contents while operated or parked on the guest property. If a vehicle is left in the guesthouse parking lot after the guest has departed without the written consent of the guesthouse, the guesthouse reserves the right to have the vehicle towed at the owner’s expense.
- Special Requests – We will make every effort to honour special requests such as a specific floor or room number, etc. upon your arrival. All special requests are noted on reservations and we will do our best to accommodate. However, the availability of these items cannot be guaranteed in advance.
- Additional Bedding – A limited number of extra bedding is available upon request.
VI. Children’s Policy
- Children Supervision – As the parents, guardians, or chaperones of children you are personally and legally responsible for and must supervise them at all times. For safety reasons, please do not leave children unattended in guest rooms or allow them to roam the guesthouse property unsupervised..
VII. Right to Refuse Service
- Right to Refuse Service – Goose Guesthouse is privately owned and operated. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason(s) that does not violate Government laws. Goose Guesthouse has a zero-tolerance policy in which we will refuse to admit or refuse service or accommodation in our guesthouse or may remove a person, without refund, who refuses to abide by the reasonable standards and policies established by law and the owners for the operation and management of the guesthouse. Goose Guesthouse will refuse service or evict a guest: for refusal or failure to pay for accommodations, is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other intoxicating substance and acts in a disorderly fashion as to disturb the peace of other guests or is not in compliance with laws; acts in a disorderly fashion as to disturb the peace of other guests; is unable to properly supervise their children at all times, seeks to use the guesthouse for an unlawful purpose; seeks to bring into the guesthouse: an unlawfully possessed firearm; or something, including an explosive or hazardous or toxic substance, that is unlawful to possess and that may be dangerous to other persons; destroys, damages, defaces, or threatens harm to guesthouse property or guests; causes or permits persons to exceed the maximum allowable occupancy of the room, refuses to abide by the reasonable standards or policies established by Goose Guesthouse for the operation and management of our guesthouse.
We hope you enjoy your stay at Goose Guesthouse. If you have any questions or need assistance with anything to make your stay more pleasant, please don’t hesitate to ask a member of our staff.